LeEco is a Chinese company that is pretty much the equivalent of Netflix here (Even weirder right?)
They have a deal with Aston Martin to produce an all electric version of the rapid Sedan in 2018.
And, most important (or even weirder), they are the big investor behind the new Faraday Future electric car company.
That company still claims they are building a $1 billion car factory near Las Vegas.
(The whole thing sounds really, really fishy)
Faraday was not able to even show a running prototype of the car they are supposed to build in that factory. (They had a stupid FF Zero1design study model a few months ago)
Since this is directly from the parent company, it might very well be that car. Or a version of it.
Of course, since this is a Chinese concept, it does come with outlandish claims/specs:
- The production version will come out "sooner than later". (good to know...)
- Will be made "In the US, China or elsewhere".
- Voice command for self drive and self park
- Front end doubles as smart screen
- Competes with Tesla (Like everything else these days)
- Production car will be "very close" to this concept
- 130MPH top speed
- No mention of range. At all. (Which is basically what people care the most in an EV...)
Here is a really obnoxious CGI video of the whole thing.
My advice: turn the sound off! The soundtrack is quite horrific.
(But fits perfectly the general obnoxious mood of the whole "art piece")
Hey, this might actually be all true. And really come out, who knows.
I mean I would be the first one to love a super good looking, futuristic luxury EV.
And yes, competition would be great for Tesla (They might start making more reliable cars)
At least, they didn't call it "LeCAR"...